Sunday, August 25, 2013

#InterviewMondays: With Mike Millz(@DaRealMikeMillz)

All music has an active lyric to keep us listening but this cannot be achieved without serious sound engineers. Here with me today is Mike Millz. A sound engineer and beat maker. One of the youngest and dopest in Ghana. Let’s get to know him better. Its #InterviewMondays people.
DaNoisyBoi: Can you tell us a brief bio about Mike Millz.
Mike Millz: Okay… I’m Mikael Acheampong Anderson known as Mike Millz. An upcoming Record Producer and songwriter.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! How did this start for you?
Mike Millz: I think it was high school, I used to beat box and hit tables and trunks for my colleagues to rap. I did that for quiet a long time and one of my friends advised me that I could turn what I was doing into a profession so I started by learning the piano and the rest followed.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! Which high school if I may ask?
Mike Millz: Anum Presbyterian senior high.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! So when was your first beat made? Can you remember it? How was it?
Mike Millz: Errrm!!! I can’t recall but somewhere around April/June 2009. It was very noisy and unprofessional but loved it cause that was my first and I still have it in ma libraries.
DaNoisyBoi: Do you regret making it now???
Mike Millz: Naa! I don’t. it inspires me a lot and reminds me of how far I’ve come.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! Who is/are your role models???
Mike Millz: I have a lot. Scott storch, Darkchild, Timbaland, Polow da Don, Ryan Leslie, Lee Major and the runners.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! Any role models in Ghana?
Mike Millz: Yeah Jayso, Hammer of the Last two, Appietus, Kwame Yeboah, Bessa Simmons and Zapp mallet.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! Dope. Tell me more about your carrier now. I hear you now with Bysson. How did it start?
Mike Millz: Yeah, I’m signed to Bysson recordings now. I was formerly working with MTN when a friend introduced me to the place. It was a bit challenging but it’s all good now.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! So is Mike Millz dating? Lol!
Mike Millz: *Surprised expression* Errmm! Lol! I keep my relationship status personal. I don’t go there.
DaNoisyBoi: Hahaha! How do you see Hip-Hop in Ghana?
Mike Millz: its growing and I like the fact that Ghanaians have accepted it.
DaNoisyBoi: So you think it has a future in Ghana?
Mike Millz: Sure it does.
DaNoisyBoi: How many celebrities have you worked with in Ghana?
Mike Millz: Not much, just a few. The celebrities I’ve worked with I think will sum up to 6 I think.
DaNoisyBoi: Alright! How was the experience, working with those celebrities?
Mike Millz: it was great. Saw it as a dream come working with all of them.
DaNoisyBoi: That’s Dope! Do you have any artiste working directly under you?
Mike Millz: Yeah I do. Two to be precise.
DaNoisyBoi: So Ghana music in general, what’s your say?
Mike Millz: It’s getting better every year. I personally think if money is pumped into the industry, things will work out perfectly.
DaNoisyBoi: True! What’s your say on artiste who do trendy music. The “AZONTO” & “ALKAYIDA” artiste?
Mike Millz: I call them the fast life artiste or the hit fast type. They do that and fade too soon. Versatility is what an artiste should look out for.
DaNoisyBoi: That’s true! So Mike tell us a secret the world doesn’t know about you?
Mike Millz: Honestly! I don’t have one. All I know is I’m very funny.
DaNoisyBoi: True! You really are funny in person.
Mike Millz: *Laughing*
DaNoisyBoi: So which beat would you say you have made and let’s say you “Felt it papa”??
Mike Millz: TIA by Smoke. Check it out if you’ve not heard it yet.
DaNoisyBoi: Ohkk! Any advice for others out there tryna be like you??
Mike Millz: Hard work never kills so anything you wanna do just go hard like it’s your last.
DaNoisyBoi: That’s really good advice! I will take that advice too.
Mike Millz: You should. *Thumbs Up*
DaNoisyBoi: Any last words before you leave?
Mike Millz: Ohkk! Good things are yet to come so yall should watch out.
DaNoisyBoi: Yeah! They sure are and I know you will deliver. Thanks for your time Mike and you always welcomed at
www.danoisyboi.blogspot.com
Mike Millz is one cool dude and really funny as he told yall. Follow Mike Millz on twitter @DaRealMikeMillz he definitely follows back and get interactive with him. This has been #InterviewMondays Though!!
                                                                                                DANOISYBOI.......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment