Friday, May 17, 2013

News & Discovery : Sapark? Who is Sapark?

Many artists rise and fall in the north without even being heard of outside Tamale. This has been the case over the years. This can be
attributed to bad management of the northern artists or the lack of
good promotion as it’s done for even the least talented rapper from Accra. One northern rapper I listened to and I was really amazed was Sapark. For a moment I thought I was listening to a rapper from
New York until I heard some Twi lines in his rap. I still didn’t believe it till he mentioned his
name and rep’d his city Tamale in his ‘Go hard’ track. Sapark based in Tamale is working tirelessly not to be like the other
rappers from Tamale who fall before they even rise. He is under the
management of a man I respect, a well experienced radio and club dj, Dj Mezz Mistaphantastik. Dj Mezz stated that he heard him rap in the hood where he stays and saw the
zeal and determination in Sapark so he took it upon himself to do his best to promote him….which I think he’s doing a good job with that because recently Sapark was on stage with Sarkodie at the rapperholic concert held in Tamale last month which I know will be the dream of every new rapper.
Sapark started rapping in High School rap battles and has improved since then. He has done
collaborations with other northern rappers like Shaban and S.K.Y.
He draws his inspiration from pioneers of hip-life in Tamale KKC, Sarkodie and ace Hood.

Check the link below to check Sapark's Works. Click here to downlad

Article By: Nana Kyei Baffour

No comments:

Post a Comment